Saturday, January 24, 2009

God's Will Not Mine Be Done

I woke up this morining with a fever of 101. I had to make the decision not to go on the mission trip. Fear, anxiety, and a sense of helplessness ran through my mind. What would the group do without me - how would the program work, how would everyone know how to communicate. This is a lesson in humility for me - THIS TRIP IS NOT ABOUT ME - not about what I can do and how improtant I am in the process but it is about doing God's work, helping others and building a stronger community within ASA, San Juan de Oriente and the world. When I received a call this afternoon that everyone had arrived safely and that the welcome ceremony was amazing - I was told over 200 people were in the church the mayor was there as well as a representative of President Ortega - I knew this was someting larger than me. What a great reminder of how everyone can pull together to do great works and see how God is present in all our lives. My prayers are with everyone on the trip, and I hope that we can all see how God is ever present regardless of our differences.

1 comment:

Sammy said...

John, I'm so sorry to hear your predicament, but thanks for the post. If there's anything you need, call us.

Sam+